Best Commercial Professional Drones For Sale Review
- Best Commercial Professional Drones For Sale Review
The best commercial drones review.
The sale of drones in the commercial sector has been on the rise in recent years. As the technology has advanced and became cheaper to produce in scale the high end drones of today are being used in many commercial scenarios. Previous applications of drones from a non-consumer related view has been evident in how the military have utilized them in many situations. Like most technology the military are usually first to spot potential uses in devices where others do not. Although the super advanced drones being used by the military is a far cry from those being sold to the public, the actual applications and potential of them were seen by many in industries where technology was an important part of their business. Below are reviews of some of the best commercial drones currently available for sale
The DJI Inspire 1 Review
The creative innovators at DJI continue to design drones that enhance the aerial photography experience for those using them for commercial purposes. The new edition, the DJI Inspire 1 drone adorns a pre-grade build with an upgradable camera and supports dual operators with an accessory remote control. This well-crafted piece of art is a serious piece of hardware that’s built for the long -term.
Let’s see if it has what it takes to be a top commercial drone.
The Inspire 1 is not a toy for your kids, but a large piece of professional equipment weighing almost 6.5 pounds and measures in at 11.9in by 17.2in by 17.8 inches. Its black airframe is carbon fibre with several metal components. Both the white shell and propellers are the only components made of plastic. The included hard carrying case provides adequate storage for the drone during travel.
The bottom of the drone features a 12MP fixed-lens 20mm f/2.8 camera which is capable of capturing 4K video with a Sony EMOR 1/2.3-inch sensor. The Adobe RAW support gives you full power to make every single shot a masterpiece. As for speed, the Inspire one has the ability to travel at 50mph and ascend as high as 15,000 feet in sub-freezing temperatures.
Inspire 1 supports a full-featured app that gives you the chance to take control of your camera and flight system. Everything is only a tap away with this app; from manual camera controls to features for auto take-off and landing.
Overall, the Inspire 1 is an incredible piece of professional equipment most suitable for commercial use. Professional photographers and film makers have captured some outstanding footage with this device and it is hard to beat as one of the best commercials drones for sale.
The DJI Phantom 3 Review
DJI made a huge move with the release of the Phantom 3 drone. Its combination of excellent camera, great flight performance, a creatively designed app, and controller makes this simple-to-fly drone an easy recommendation especially for commercial use.
The Phantom 3 Professional’s design is simple and beautifully presented. It retains the basic design of previous entries in the series. The drone is white with four pylons, a bottom-mounted camera and a landing strut. It measures about 23 inches and weighs around 3 pounds. LED lights at the bottom of each wing enables you to keep track the device easily while in the air. Attaching the propellers is very easy as the motors and rotors are both color-coded to ensure proper installation.
The white remote control has an integrated clip that can hold a tablet or phone to view aerial footage as you continue recording it.
The Video quality of the Phantom 3 Professional is not disappointing either. The camera delivers refined flying experience and superior video quality. It shoots amazing 4K video at up to 30fps with a f/2.8 lens that has a 94-degree field view. Its 4K video capability offers smooth, crisp, and still photos. It’s digital streaming provides for live 720p video. The drone also supports an iOS and Android app which allows for complete camera control.
To enable indoor flying, Phantom 3 comes with an integrated collection of optical & ultrasonic sensors that let you fly it indoors in the absence of a GPS signal. Its battery can last for about 23 minutes of continuous use.
With its new remote control and an array of new flying features, the DJI Phantom 3 drone is easily one of the best commercial drones on the market.
The 3DR Robotic Solo
The 3DR Robotic Solo has a military-like look and is roughly the same size as the DJI Phantom 3. Since its launch, it has been considered the “world’s smartest drone” with its superior quality features, not to mention its smart, powerful controller.
The Solo’s sleek controller packs dual 1GHZ computers that make it easier to control and fly the machine. The controller is highly compatible with a wide range of devices such as phones, tablets, and iPads. The two buttons on the controller are used for automatic takeoff or landing.
The drone does not come with a camera but uses a 3-Axis Gimbal which promises stability and precise design for GoPro cameras. The shooting modes allow the gimbal to autonomously take clear shots and video clips.The Solo runs on an application for iOS as well as Android,which provides precise controls and also allows you to gain control of the camera and adjust the speed, distance, as well as the altitude of the drone. The app updates software automatically without the use of a USB cable.
The Solo comes with four shooting modes: the Cable Cam flight mode, Orbit mode, Selfie mode, and Follow Feature mode. By adjusting the modes, the drone is able to shoot autonomously.
Overall, it’s a great piece of technology especially for those keen on creative film making.
The Parrot Bebop
About a year since the last Bebop release, Parrot has launched a newly upgraded Professional commercial drone model which has all the necessary features you would expect from a drone; from a sleek, slender design, no moving parts apart from the propellers to its 180-degrees fish-eye camera. Although many of its specifications are still the same as the original-like its 14-megapixel camera, 3-axis video stabilization, and 8GB internal storage, its definitely great piece or art.
Some notable features include a long battery life-up to 25 minutes of flight time unlike its predecessor’s 11 minutes.
As for the design, the new Bebop version is sleeker than ever especially now that the old Velcro strap keeping the battery in is no longer present. Although it weighs slightly more than the previous version, it’s still lightweight for a drone. The drone has a maximum vertical speed of 12mph and can climb 328 feet in less than 20 seconds. Its maximum horizontal speed is 37mph and the device takes around 14 seconds to reach that speed.
The Bebop comes with a FreeFlight 3 app for easier control by any smartphone or tablet. The Skycontroller is specially designed to pilot the drone. The unit has a Wi-Fi range of up to 6,561 feet that ensures that you don’t lose the drone. Better still, you can attach a VR headset to your Skycontroller if it’s compatible with HDMI.
With the app offering numerous flight options and basic key features, it delivers great aerial videos and photos, and also allows you to shoot like a pro. It is very popular commercial drones in the agricylture industry.
The production of commercial drones is very much still its infancy but the devices currently available are still fantastic additions to any business that can take advantage of the capabilities of the current quadcopter range on the market. Industries that are currently making use of commercial grade drones include:
- Film Makers – The production of movies, documentaries and films have always been in need of aerial recording capabilities. Traditionally they would use helicopters to get the video recorded from the air and although they still need and use helicopters commercial drones have allowed them access to areas where larger vehicles could not go and get footage from difficult to access areas with ease.
- Photographers – Many of the most extravagant photos taken and showcased over the last few years have been captured by camera mounted quadcopter drones. The ability of the devices to hover and the attached gimbals to offers great angles and stability have taken advanced photography out of the hands of the few and into the hands of anyone who has access to the required equipment and of course the talent to capture moments of magic through a camera lens. The surprising thing is that many of the these fantastic photos that have been lauded over have not been photographed by famous or world known photographers but by amateurs or hobbyists who have been able to elevate their talent and creativity with the help of drones.
- Real Estate – Aerial photographs of both consumer and commercial properties for sale is now adding an extra dimension to property sales. Many online agents now have drone footage of their premises to showcase impressive photos and video of the properties and the surrounding areas which act as a virtual aerial tour.
- The Media- Not surprisingly the media have not been slow to jump on the drone bandwagon and why not, the opportunities to capture events in real time without having to wait on a helicopter to arrive offers the chance for reporters and their support team to get the story before competitors by having access to a suitable quadcopter.
- Emergency Services – The potential of drone usage by the emergency services is growing all the time. Fire fighters have utilised drones to fly into areas without endangering their people to assess the potential dangers and give them more information about the potential dangers before the go in. Police have used them to help coordinate ground teams in searches but the surface has barely been scratched in the applications they will no doubt be used for by many of the emergency teams.
- Farming / Agriculture – The farming industry have been transformed by drones as it enables them to monitor their fields and spot any potential issues with their crops in a fraction of the time it would have previously taken them. Farms without the resources to manually inspect large areas of land have used commercial drones to great effect.
- Delivery Services – Amazon hit the headlines when they announced their ambition to deliver their parcels via commercial grade drones. Although this is yet to happen and will face many obstacles the potential is not doubt there. Many of the best commercial drones for sale enable you to input GPS coordinates so that the device is sent on a set journey of the users choice.
Check out the list of the top drones for sale reviews on our homepage