DJI Matrice 100 Quadcopter
- DJI Matrice Flight Platform
With easy-to-fly technology, simple programming and the ability to carry other sensors and devices into the sky, the DJI Matrice 100 is certainly one of the most interesting quadcopters available on the market right now. Read on to discover a little more.
Key Features of the DJI Matrice 100
- The flight platform is fully customisable and programmable, so you can turn your dreams and ideas into reality. This is one quadcopter that was built for experimentation!
- A dedicated N1 remote controller allows you to intuitively fly the device without endless practice. It offers a live HD view and has a maximum range of 1.2 miles.
- The dual battery compartments combine to offer up to 40 minutes of flight time (obviously depending on conditions and how much equipment the drone is carrying).
- The device contains four powerful motors and four ultra-fast Electronic Speed Controllers, so you have total control whenever you fly.
- Connect other DJI devices (the Guidance sensor system, for example) to the device easily, or use the dual parallel UART ports to make use of third-party components.
At first glance, the DJI Matrice 100 looks pretty serious. It’s not a toy, that’s for sure, and its angular aesthetics give it a really industrial feel. This is a device which has been created to be played with through configuration and the addition of third-party devices, so the aesthetics are less important.
The long flight time is a real perk of this drone. Any drone enthusiast will tell you how irritating it is to keep bringing your device back to earth to change batteries or recharge the batteries entirely – but with up to 40 minutes of fly time thanks to dual compartment batteries, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything on the market with a better offering.
We really enjoy the DJI Matrice 100’s ability to accept third-party devices, as well as a range of DJI components and cameras that can be easily mounted. If you’re a serious quadcopter user and are looking for something you can customise and amend easily, this device is perfect.
Made from top-of-the-range carbon fibre, the DJI Matrice 100 is incredibly lightweight, but that doesn’t mean it’s flimsy. It feels substantial, and each arm is fully equipped with vibration-absorbing material, so the entire flying experience feels smooth and seamless. Overall, the materials that have gone into this device are top-notch.
The only downside we’d note with the DJI Matrice 100 is that you may incur some additional costs. You’ll need to buy the gimbal and a camera separately in order to make the most of the device, and to really unleash the fun side of the drone, you might have to splash out on some costly third-party components.
This highly advanced machine is perfect for those who like to tinker with their unmanned flying machines. The fun with the DJI Matrice 100 lies in adding and removing components at will, to achieve tailored results that you won’t be able to create with other devices.