DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Drone
The Phantom range is widely coveted in the drone community, and the Phantom 3 Advanced extends the proud tradition of innovation and performance cultivated by DJI. Aerial photography has never been so simple.
Key Features of the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter Drone
- Up to 2.7k HD video recording, with a fully stabilised 3-axis gimbal camera.
- A unique vision positioning system allows for stable flight in indoor environments.
- Flight battery and rechargeable controller included.
- An accompanying app (DJI Pilot) for iOS and Android allows you to control the camera and view a live stream of the footage.
- Digital streaming allows for live viewing of 720p video, with full-resolution video simultaneously saved onto a micro SD card (included in the package).
- Comes with aircraft body, remote controller, four pairs of propellers, flight battery and charger, power cable, extensive manuals online, vibration absorbers, a micro-USB cable.
- Can be flown right out of the box with no extensive setup required.
- Measures in at 45cm x 33cm x 20cm and weighs just under 4kg.
- Comes with Beginner Mode for those new to drones.
DJI has already built a reputation for creating the best consumer drones around. Their dominance of the market and sheer commitment to innovation has been likened to Apple, with its inimitable iPhone. The DJI Phantom 3 Advanced also follows in the iPhone tradition of looking broadly similar to its predecessor, with a whole ream of upgrades under the hood to ensure performance has never been better.
For the drone newbie, the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced couldn’t be more accommodating. A unique Beginner Mode helps new users learn how to fly their drone properly, while restricting the device to a certain area so it doesn’t become uncontrollable or go out of range.
The fantastic mobile app built by DJI is also user-friendly and great for beginners who aren’t accustomed to joysticks or other controllers. The controller features an adapter which allows users to slot in a tablet or smartphone device, which can be used to fly and control the device entirely. Automated features like waypoint flying and return-to-home can be used through the app, as long as the GPS within the drone has been configured beforehand.
The camera itself remains fixed to the drone at all times, and shoots 2.7k video with crystal-clear clarity. The gimbal does a fantastic job of maintaining stability while shooting, resulting in some truly wonderful aerial shots. The patented Lightbridge technology also offers excellent transmission between the drone and the controller, no matter how far away the drone is.
It looks like DJI have done it again! The market leaders for consumer drones have created a fantastic addition to their line, keeping with the traditional style and design of their much-loved quadcopters, while making important performance enhancements under the hood. The camera is fantastic, the flight controls are intuitive, and the easy-to-use app is packed with features to make flying this drone fun and safe in equal measure.